Reflection is a powerful tool for developing the mindset required to succeed with high-performance and guess what- it entirely free.
💰 But how many of you have reflected on your 2019, let me know below?
I was out for coffee and breakfast with a group of friends the other day, and Michael of @metacreative was saying how he thinks podcasting is an excellent tool for reflection. I’d never thought of it as a tool to reflect and thought that was a cool idea, so I have just reviewed my 2019 in a 30-minute podcast due out next week on the Performance Through Health Podcast. 🔈
For those that already use reflection, good for you keep going, and those that don’t know how- I have put together seven steps you can use to reflect on your 2019.
7️⃣ All you need is time to yourself 20-30 minutes is enough. Find a tool to write or type and If you haven’t got that then talk to a friend, or even better, a coach.
1. Review your goals and performance measures you set for 2019.
2. Did you meet those goals? If so, what went well, and why?
3. What habits and behaviours resulted in success in 2019?
4. Where didn’t you meet your goals, What didn’t go so well and why?
5. What were the significant challenges, what have you learned and how do you plan to overcome these in 2020?
6. What’s one thing you can change this year, to be to the person you need to be in 2020 to get what you want?
7. Finally, reassess your goals to see whether they are SMART goals and are still taking you closer to your vision.
Using the reflections takes action each day and form the new habits required to make 2020 more successful than 2019.