- Not suitable for pregnant women or any one with significant cardiac history
- Reduce stress
- Retrain your breathing
- Boost energy and sleep well
- Increase focus
- Over 3.5 hours of content
- Guided video breathing sessions
- Empowering education via video and audio
- Training planner
- Develop your practice
- Monitoring and progress sheets
- Stressed or Anxious People
- People wishing to introduce themselves to breathing retraining
- People wishing to learn to breathe better
- People wanting to learn relaxation techniques
- People wishing to begin to take back control of their mental health, focus and wellbeing
This course is an introduction to breathing retraining, a critical part of the six week BREATHE WELL STRESS LESS course.
It is a simple, guided three-week online course designed for people who wish to begin the process of taking back control of their stress and anxiety.
Over the three week period, you will learn and practice the techniques that have been helping people improve their ability to focus, be present and in the moment, and wake up refreshed, feeling vitalised – ready to tackle the day with confidence.
As well as going through your day feeling less concerned, more grounded and empowered with the tools to manage self manage.
Breathe Well Stress Less provides you with tools that help:
– Reduce stress and feelings of anxiety
– Increase oxygen uptake for health and fitness
– Reduce snoring and improve your sleep
– Restore nasal function
– Build resilience
– Minimize symptoms related to Asthma
– Raise self-awareness
Completed in a step by step manner – guided all the way.
– X hours: Educational Video or Podcast
– Step by Step Video Instructions
– Exercises developed by an experienced Respiratory scientist, Exercise Physiologist and Oxygen Advantage/ XPT Breathwork Instructor.
– Follow along with Martin McPhilimey as your Instructor
– Access Immediately Upon Purchase.
– Learn lifelong tools to monitor and manage your stress.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN?
Martin McPhilimey has over a decade of experience working in sleep and breathing healthcare, paired with four years of online coaching.
During his clinical practice, he noticed that most people who are struggling with symptoms such as fatigue, poor focus, and anxiety were doing so because they have poor breathing and sleep.
The breathing techniques you will learn will help create the shift you seek to find a more calm and controlled mindset.
- Lectures 16
- Quizzes 3
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 5
- Assessments Self
Week 0: Introduction and Self Assessments
This is the very start of the course, and introduction to what it is all about and how to take your initial assessments.
Week 1: Nasal Development
Week 1 is all about developing nasal breathing and the capacity to use your nose at rest and during gentle exercise.
Week 2: Biomechanics of Breathing
Biomechanics of breathing is one of the three dimension to consider when looking at functional and efficient breathing patterns.
- Week 2 Lesson One – Introduction to Biomechanics of Breathing
- Week 2 Lesson Two – Progress Assessments
- Week 2 Lesson Three – Biomechanics of Breathing – Key Learnings
- Week 2 Lesson Four: Flow Breathing Prescription C1
- Week 2 Lesson Five – Week 2 Training Plan – Biomechanics of Breathing
- Week 2 – Biomechanics of Breathing Quiz
Week 3: Boosting Stress Tolerance
Week 3 is all about the biochemical aspect of breathing. We seek to develop CO2 tolerance and in doing so boost your stress tolerance.
- Week 3 Lesson One: Biochemistry of Breathing
- Week 3 Lesson Two: Self Assessments
- Week 3 Lesson Three: CO2 Tolerance | Using Your Physiology to Manage your Stress & Anxiety.
- Week 3 Lesson Four – Perform Maximal Breathlessness Test
- Week 3 Lesson Five – Flow Breathing Cadence C2
- Week 3 Lesson Six – Training Plan
- Week 3 – Biochemistry of Breathing